Home of South East Asia's Indie Community
TAPAUasia aims to be the Home for South East Asia's Indie Community.
- TAPAU is a collective of creatives championing the independent community and movement by providing an online platform, video, and event services.
- In 2014, we created history with TAPAUfest as the Biggest Crowdfunded Project and the First Crowdfunded Festival in South East Asia in 2014.
- We then raised seed funding from Qeerad (now Mountain Partners) to set up TAPAUtv Sdn. Bhd. and received a grant from CRADLE.
- Worked with brands such as Vans, TM, Maybank, Marshall Headphones, Maxis, Tunetalk, Yoodo, Astro, Media Prima, Go Asean.
- In 2020, the prototype for TAPAUasia was launched along with the setup of TAPAUasia Sdn. Bhd. as we shift our business from depending on production and events heavily affected by Covid 19, becoming an Online Platform hosting live streaming shows by independent creators to help them generate income.
DIY without COMMUNITY will DIE.
The pandemic badly impacts the indie community.
For Indie Creators (Musicians, Filmmakers, Artists)
- TOUGHER TO SURVIVE with limited income from gigs and shows.
- DIFFICULT TO STAND OUT through mainstream outlets and social media.
- MARKET SIZE TO LITTLE with indie being a niche in a small market in Malaysia.
For Indie Supporters (Fans)
- LIMITED WAYS TO CONNECT with favourite artist with no gigs and shows.
- HARD TO DISCOVER indie artist through mainstream outlets and social media.
- NO DEDICATED PLATFORM to connect with likeminded people or community.
LIVESTREAMING, MARKETPLACE and CROWDFUNDING.
Provides alternative ways for indie creators to generate income and for supporters to connect with their favourite artists throughout this pandemic and beyond.
ECOSYSTEM FOR THE INDIE.
Instead of reinventing the wheel, we explore the best features from Myspace (Social Network), Twitch (Livestreaming), and Patreon (Subscription + Crowdfunding) to create a One Stop Solution for our community.
HOME OF SOUTH EAST ASIA’S INDIE COMMUNITY.
Represent a market big enough to sustain and grow but small enough to have focus and remain authentic to our community.
TAPAUasia Website (www.TAPAU.asia) and Mobile App (Android and IOS)
Key Product Features
Livestream and Livechat with Donation *current version
- creators with over 100 supporters are able to host livestreams either for free or as pay per view (ticketed)
- supporters can engage with the creator, and with each other through the livechat.
- supporters can also support the creator by donating to the livestream
VOD (Video On Demand) *current version
- creators can allow users to watch their recorded content for free or monetise as paid VOD by giving access for a set duration to paying supporters.
News, Podcasts, Articles, Charts and Event Listings
- curation of latest updates, releases, reviews by TAPAUtv and other indie medias
Customisable User Profiles
- for musicians, filmmakers, artists and collectives
- able to feature their works (music playlist, showreel, portfolio) and next shows.
- top 8 friends/fans
- for fans
- able to create playlist based on music by creators on the platform
- top 8 friends/creators
- Creators can customise their own monthly or yearly subscription (exclusive contents, merch, etc) for their supporters.
- One stop marketplace for indie releases (cds, cassettes, vinyl, etc), merch (t-shirts, caps), art (paintings, prints, etc)
- Supporters can also get tickets to gigs, shows, festivals, screenings, exhibitions for on ground and online events.
- enables indie creators to raise funds for their works directly from their supporters on the platform.
Easy Payment Method
- accepts a variety of easy online payments through credit/debit card, e wallets, and online banking, locally and regionally.
Points and Reward
- Supporters can collect points by supporting the creators and exchange them for rewards.
We represent a community of Creators and Supporters of the South East Asian Indie Community.
- Most of our users (61%) are from the 18-24 (27.5%) and 25-34 (33.5%) age groups.
- 54% are Male, and 46% are Female.
- They are primarily students, first jobbers, or young adults who spend at least 6 hours online every day. They do this mainly through their mobile phone (85%) and are interested in music, film and arts.
We also work with lifestyle brands such as Vans, Converse and Marshall Headphones, telcos such as Maxis, Yoodo and Tunetalk, and media companies like Astro, Media Prima and Go Asean.
Livestream, VOD & Subscription
- TAPAUasia produces in house Pay-Per-View Livestreams, VOD's, and Premium Subscription.
- TAPAUasia also takes a cut for every transaction made to purchase Livestreams, VOD’s and Subscription by Creators.
- TAPAUasia produces in house merch.
- TAPAUasia also takes a cut for every transaction made to purchase:
- Digital Downloads: Music (Demos)
- Merch : t-shirt, posters, stickers
- Cds, Dvd, Vinyls
- Artwork: prints, paintings, etc
- Tickets : gigs, screenings, theatre
- Digital Ad Space
- Pre Roll
- Page Takeovers
- Social Media Postings
- TAPAUasia will take a cut for every successful crowdfunding project by Creators.
- Branded and Sponsored Contents
- TV shows
- Livestream Shows / Online Gig /Podcasts / Online Classes/ Tutorials
- Gigs / Concerts/ Festivals/ Tours
- Screenings / Talks/ Conferences
- Livestream Events
BUILDING AN ECOSYSTEM FOR THE INDIE COMMUNITY
Creating a platform where indie creators and supporters connect, grow and sustain as a community.
CREATING CREATIVE JOBS AND INCOME
Through the platform’s development, we are creating jobs and providing alternative ways for indie creators to generate income.
CONNECTING SOUTH EAST ASIA
We are bringing the scene together to create a bigger market and unlock the region’s true potential.
Co Founder / Creative Director
Faris began his career as a Broadcast Journalist and Assistant Producer at Astro Awani before diving to set up TAPAUtv from his bedroom. Ten years later, TAPAU is now an established brand that champions the independent community.
Co Founder / Business Director
Farriz started his career as the artist manager for Bunkface before moving on to Media Prima and Universal Music. With experience in artist management, creative marketing, and A&R, his skills are essential to bring TAPAU to the next level.
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, from managing the legendary Sudirman, to calling the shots at the SEA Games 2017, Jenn still manages to spare some time as an activist for the independent scene. Her industry insights and grassroots connection are almost second to none.
- Malaysian promoters to mark return of live music with National Gig Day events in April
- No Good emerge tops at Malaysia’s TAPAUawards 2020 (NME)
- TAPAUawards kembali Ahad ini (Utusan)
- FLEUR! to play virtual show with guest appearance by Hujan’s Noh Salleh (NME)
- Kide Baharuddin Artist Debut Solo Show extends to 2 August at Tun Perak Co-Op (The City List)
- 'Tapau' tiga trofi (Harian Metro)
- Buletin Utama: Festival Indie (TV3)
- Indie festival comeback thrills fans (The Star)
- 5 Ways this festival Tapau-ed everything local (The Rakyat Post)
- Disqovr presents TAPAUfest 2019 (Time Out)
- TAPAUfest 2019: Malaysia’s Biggest Indie Community Festival Is Back (Hype My)
- Augustman Man Of The Year - Music: Ahmad Faris (Augustman)
- TAPAUfest 2016: A Buffet Of The Arts (Daily Seni)
- TAPAUfest is back with 10 new line-up (Yahoo)
- MUSICIANS WANTED FOR HOUSE OF VANS! (Masses)
- TTON: Ahmad Faris (BFM)
- Malaysia’s IkanPaos Kolektif raises seed funding from angel investment firm Qeerad (Deal Street Asia)
- Sekitar TAPAUfest 2014 (Budiey.com)
- TAPAUfest 2014: Malaysia’s First Crowdfunded Festival For Young Creatives
- TAPAUFEST – the first crowdfunding festival in Malaysia (The WKND)
- Analisis Awani: TAPAUfest 2014 (Astro Awani)
- R.AGE: TAPAU-ING YOUTH CULTURE (The Star)
- Making A Scene (Juice)
Please login as an investor to see more information.
TAPAUasia Sdn. Bhd. doesn't have any updates to show yet.
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.