PolicyStreet protects what is most important to you throughout all your life stages in a simple, easy and affordable manner!
- PolicyStreet was founded 3 years ago by former insurance and banking corporate professionals who believe that insurance can be simpler, easier and more affordable.
- Our mission is to protect individuals and businesses by offering them the best insurance choices using technology.
- Today, we are a leading and the only homegrown insurance technology (“InsurTech”) company awarded a Financial Adviser and Islamic Financial Adviser approval under Section 11 and 15(1) of the Financial Services Act 2013 by Bank Negara Malaysia. This makes PolicyStreet under Polisea Sdn Bhd as one of the only 32 companies awarded such approvals in Malaysia. The approval has enabled us to work with all 47 insurers and provide access to more than 1,000 products.
- Our clients include listed companies, fast-growing SMEs and emerging affluent who find it easy to compare and purchase insurance from us in 3 simple steps.
- As of 1 Jan 2020, more than 36,000 policies were sold and a total of RM3.8 billion sum assured has been transacted through our platform. Today, just 2 months into 2020, that number has surpassed 40,000 policies with over RM4.2 billion sum assured and growing rapidly especially in times of crisis where insurance is important for protection.
- We were recognised as a winner in Seedstars Global KL, the world’s largest seed-stage startup competition and a Top 10 InsurTech company in Asia in Jan 2020 by Insurance Business Magazine Asia.
- Our growth prospect is to be a leading InsurTech in the region and ultimately, a digital insurer. We invite you to be part of our exciting journey as an equity investor.
- Insurance coverage can never be more important in times of Covid-19 crisis like now.
- Unfortunately, more than 6 in every 10 Malaysians do not even have a basic life protection. Why? This is because insurance is costly, complex and perceived as not a need by many. There are hundreds of insurance products sold by various channels in silo. Customers find it difficult to find the right insurance product due to the lack of transparency and clear choices.
- ONE STOP PLATFORM
We created a one-stop platform to provide unbiased choices and transparency, so that our customers can get better or cheaper options. We have made purchase hassle-free with 3-step approach, and allowed agents and other channels to access our platform. For instance, our customers can obtain up to 8 motor insurance quotes in 1 minute and have their road tax delivered to their doorstep.
- B2B2C MODEL
We create synergies by offering the best in value insurance plan for traditional businesses i.e. listed companies and SMEs, and enable them to cross-sell and up-sell insurance products to their customers using technology.
- API INTEGRATION
We enable strategic partners to promote insurance to their large customer base via our API integration technology.
- BIG DATA & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Data collected via our platform forms our competitive advantage, to be used to create new products for the market. Thus, major insurers perceive us as a fantastic marketing opportunity and testbed for innovative products.
- Employee benefits
We customise and structure the best in value group medical plan for SMEs and listed companies. Employers are able to customise flexi benefits and monitor medical cost seamlessly. Employees are delighted to have an e-medical card with an easy access to GL issuance and claims. In addition, we offer premium financing and wellness benefits as value added services.
- Motor insurance
Our customers can obtain up to 8 motor insurance quotes in 1 minute and have their road tax delivered to their doorstep. All is done through our in-house API technology.
- Other insurance products
We are a proven platform which successfully distributes innovative insurance products such as travel, medical card, term life, pet insurance, motorcycle insurance to our B2C customers.
- API technology
Our proprietary API technology cements our position as the go-to platform for all things insurance. Our strategic partners such as RazerPay (with more than 500,000 downloads), JaGaApp, Riding Pink, to name a few, integrate easily with us to offer insurance products to their customer base. We are currently working with merchants which have a collective 8,000 touch points to help getting Malaysians outside of Klang Valley protected.
As of 1 Jan 2020
Sum assured transacted: RM3.8 billion
No. of policies sold: 36,000 (11x growth compared to FYE18)
Audited Revenue in FYE19: RM5.3 million (15x growth compared to FYE18)
We are bullish in our growth as in Malaysia only, more than RM30 billion premium is paid every year. We are looking to grow to sell 235k policies with a RM21m gross profit in FYF21.
B40 (gig economy players, blue collar workers)
SMEs and listed companies through our B2B and B2B2C strategies (slide attached)
Insurance is a lucrative business. We make a commission (as high as 171%) from every policy sold. In addition, we will make the profit again when the customer renews from us next year.
We are working towards obtaining CMSL and offshore insurance licenses to diversify our income stream, with the eventual goal to be a digital insurer.
We believe that the insurance market is huge enough for multiple players to thrive due to the low penetration rate. We are confident that we have a proven business model equipped with regulatory approval and a strong team to serve the market.
We are honoured to be funded by a RM150,000 government grant through Cradle Sdn Bhd and in 2017, we received a US$500,000 investment from a leading regional VC, KK Fund.
PolicyStreet is a thought leader and a pioneer in InsurTech. We have been featured in local and international news outlets and won numerous prestigious awards.
1. Top 10 InsurTech in Asia – Insurance Business Magazine https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/asia/news/technology/top-10-insurtech-companies-in-asia-214884.aspx
2. Top 20 Malaysian FinTechs in 2020 – FinTech News Malaysia https://fintechnews.my/22562/editors-pick/top-20-malaysian-fintechs-in-2020/
3. PolicyStreet obtains financial advisory approval from BNM – The Star
4. PolicyStreet keeps Malaysians under cover – Astro Awani http://english.astroawani.com/world-news/policystreet-keeping-malaysians-under-cover-222715
5. InsurTech makes headway in the local market – The Edge https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/insurance-insurtech-makes-headway-local-market
6. Turning the insurance industry on its head – The Edge https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/cover-story-turning-insurance-industry-its-head
7. How InsurTech is changing the game in SEA – e27
8. PolicyStreet buddies up with MDEC to curate affordable insurance to freelancers – FinTech News Malaysia https://fintechnews.my/18357/insurtech-malaysia/policystreet-mdec-freelancer-grab-driver-insurance/
9. PolicyStreet co-founders recognised as Forbes Asia 30 Under 30 – Forbes https://www.forbes.com/profile/policystreet/#3d218f5e1982
10. PolicyStreet secured US$500k to get more Malaysians insured – Tech In Asia
11. PolicyStreet wins Seedstars Kuala Lumpur – e27
12. Life policies cost RM200/month, this startup sells them at RM9.85 https://vulcanpost.com/618015/policystreet-insurance-startup-malaysia/
TEAM & ADVISERS
Lee Yen Ming, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer
- Former Director of Marketing, StanChart Malaysia
- 17 years of corporate experience
- MBA & CFP holder (merit awards)
Wilson Beh, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer
- Former investment banker at Maybank IB
- Founding member of FinTech Association of Malaysia
- Forbes Asia 30 under 30 (Finance & VC)
Winnie Chua, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer
- Former actuary & strategist at Allianz General
- Member of PayNet industry advisory council
- Forbes Asia 30 under 30 (Finance & VC)
We are supported by industry captains as our official advisers.
Please login as an investor to see more information.
PolicyStreet's Co-founder Winnie Chua named as one of the 13 Amazing Women in Fintech in South East Asia
PolicyStreet Launches Tele-Insurance for COVID-19-related insurance queries.
PolicyStreet's Covid19 Insurance Helpline:
03-33100063 (opening from 930am to 600pm every weekday excluding public holidays)
SPECIAL OFFER FOR ECF INVESTORS (LIMITED TIME OFFER DURING PRE-LIVE)
PolicyStreet is currently giving a guaranteed 12% extra shares for investors who purchase 2,000 shares (RM50,280) . You will get 240 extra shares worth RM6,033. This offer is only during this pre-live period before we go live on the PitchIN platform.
That's a 12% guaranteed return for your investment. Act now before we close this offer.
PolicyStreet's Webinar coming up on this Monday. For businesses who want to know more on Flexible Benefits, come and join us
You are invited to join PolicyStreet's webinar - FLEXIBLE BENEFITS - Are the employee benefits you know of still relevant?.
It will be shared by Nik Arif (Director of Employee Benefits, PolicyStreet) who has more than 10 years of employee benefits experience serving GLCs and SMEs.
Date: 6th April (Monday)
Time: 2pm to 240pm
RSVP now at https://bit.ly/covid19policystreet and the webinar dial in details will be sent to you.
foodpanda Bekerjasama Dengan PolicyStreet Bagi Mengutamakan Keselamatan Rider
foodpanda Partners with Insurtech Startup PolicyStreet to Provide Protection for Riders
“We are honoured to be the insurance partner for foodpanda in this challenging time and also delighted to have been able to offer additional protection against COVID-19 for all foodpanda delivery partners,”
said Yen Ming Lee, Chief Executive Officer of PolicyStreethttps://fintechnews.my/23221/insurtech-malaysia/foodpanda-partners-with-insurtech-startup-policystreet-to-provide-protection-for-riders/
Shubham Saran, Head of Logistics for foodpanda, explains
“We are grateful to have our insurance partner, PolicyStreet, to join efforts in ensuring that the welfare of our frontliners are protected. Our delivery partners’ safety and health will always come first. We are looking into providing more materials for our delivery partners and also have contingencies in place, should they be needed. We are committed to bringing the best to our delivery partners – and want to ensure a healthy and successful ride for all.”
PolicyStreet is listed as one the Top 50 Insurtechs in Asia Pacific by IDC
Our 1st Virtual Previewer Session on 3 Apr 2020
PolicyStreet - pitchIN Virtual Issuer Preview
I would like to invite you to pitchIN’s Virtual Issuer Preview on the 3rd April 2020 at 10:30am and 2.30 pm. This is an opportunity to introduce our Investment opportunity via Equity Crowd Funding (ECF).
Hear what PolicyStreet is all about and understand what our growth plans are. The virtual preview will be in the format of a pitch session and will conclude with a 15-minute Q&A session.
This is a closed door session and this early access is only offered to, organised by pitchIN, a Registered Market Operator (RMO) with Securities Commission.
Date: Friday, 3 April 2020
Time: 10:30am and 2:30 pm (MYT)
Virtual Venue: Zoom
For more information, please visit https://www.equity.pitchin.my/businesses/policystreet
Should you have any question, please let us know. Stay safe and looking forward to virtually seeing you tomorrow!
Polisea Sdn Bhd under the brand name PolicyStreet is an insurance technology company which advances inclusive insurance in Malaysia. In 2019, it was awarded the Financial Adviser and Islamic Financial Adviser approval under Section 11 and 15 (1) of the Financial Services Act 2013 from the Central Bank of Malaysia which enables it to source, aggregate, compare, customise and advise consumers and businesses of the best insurance products that meet their needs. It currently works directly with over 34 life and general insurance
and takaful providers in Malaysia offering more than 1,000 insurance products and services.
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.