PASAR SEGAR | THE FRESH MARKET
Fresh Is Best
- Pasar Segar | The Fresh Market has been in business since 2018 as an enterprise start up and officially became a Sdn. Bhd. on 27 March 2019.
- From a Whats App based business to having our own e-commerce platform, we have grown our business by 326% to date.
- Top 5 winner of NEXEA Accelerator program 2020
- Top 40 selected start-ups in the Magic Global Accelerator Program 2020
- Pasar Segar is looking for equity investments from RM500k up to RM1.5M to continue our strong growth.
The increasing costs of raw food in Malaysia has been a key concern for the government and for all of us. Farmers are producing blindly, distribution of agriculture produce is becoming more complex, and food wastages have now reached 15,000 tons per day in Malaysia.
Food safety traceability is almost non-existent and the use of harmful fertilizers from overseas imports have been rampant. With all these thrown in the mix, we are witnessing a steady increase in import dependency, food safety concerns and thus culminating to the ever rising costs.
A FARM TO TABLE PLATFORM, ALWAYS ACCESSIBLE
With Pasar Segar, we have been building a community of local fishermen and farmers that we have personally curated the produce to reflect on the principles of safe and fresh produce which is based on our foundation.
Over the last 18 months we have grown our community of local farmers and fishermen, increasing the availability of local grown / harvested produce on our platform.
FRESH IS BEST
With Pasar Segar | The Fresh Market, we pride ourselves with offering the freshness produce caught, picked or cropped on the day of delivery to you. So consumers always get the freshest goods delivered to them.
FORECAST FARMING & CATCH
Through constant engagement, we are able to plan the quantity of the local produce and open new consumer markets to quickly distribute these local produce. We lessen overproduce and wastages from the start of the produce life cycle.
Part of controlling the rising costs of raw food, is to manage the entire life-cycle of these produce. From buying raw to manufacturing the produce, we are able to cut away multiple layers of costs of middle organizations.
A complex element is this industry is the multiple hands that distribute these local produce. With our own subsidiary, GoFresh! Logistics, we are able to seamlessly pick and distribute our farmers produce without the hassle of multiple hand-overs, thus lowering costs further.
MANUFACTURING & PROCESSING
To build a factory with the necessary International standards, (ISO,HACCP,GMP,HALAL,MESTI, etc.) to process and manufacture high quality food products, using technology as the key element in food safety traceability, cost management and distribution channels.
SEAFOOD, POULTRY, MEAT, VEGETABLES, GROCERY
As we offer more produce on our platform, we see further opportunities in the ready to cook segment. We are progressively developing new product verticals that will be released in the coming weeks.
With the biggest potential lie in supplying to commercial markets, we have created and introduced our home brands, Best Chef, Seaport, AgriFresh, Farm Fresh and Marinaré, over the last 18 months.
LOCAL PRODUCTS – BUATAN MALAYSIA
We are developing a product vertical that showcases local produce (sauces, pastes, frozen etc.) and we will partner with our local manufacturers to expand the distribution potential of these local brands.
READY TO COOK MEALS
To further develop our brand principal, we are developing ready to cook meals targeting the busy families. Pre-cut and marinated, these one meal goodies are;
- Stir Fry Black Pepper Beef with Broccoli and Young Corn
- Teriyaki Chicken with Bell Peppers and Carrots
- Sliced Fish Fillets in Ginger sauce with Mix Vegetables
- Steamboat and BBQ packs
Filling the niche for providing a farm to table platform in Malaysia, Pasar Segar | The Fresh Market has grown since 2018 to include more than 10,000 customers just in the Klang Valley region, and with a 70% return buying customers and with RM170 average order value.
Since the beginning of our business, our growth rate is growing above 300% and we have passed our RM700,000 revenue benchmark, with targets to RM1.1m total revenue by end Dec 2020.
In the next 24months, Pasar Segar | The Fresh Market plans to exponentially grow our revenue channels. We project that by end 2023 our business will bring in excess of RM10m+ revenue, with a constant growth of 200%+ over the next 3 years.
We have built a strong customer base which values our unique proposition of offering farm fresh produce, cleaned, cut & packed and delivered to their doorsteps, daily. We have grown our customer base from a Whats App group to now over 10k customers in our database and growing.
To hear what our customers are saying, head to www.pasarsegar.my and click the review (star icon) tab on the left side of your screen.
- Further growing our e-Commerce platform to provide a seamless buying experience for our consumers and product management for micro businesses.
- Building a national licensee business, acting as major satellite hubs, targeted at highly dense residential areas.
- Building an affiliate program (agents) that would continuously grow our customer base and widen our target markets all over Malaysia.
- To grow the e-Grocer program, by partnering more local multi brands shops to act as satellite hubs in growing residential areas. We now have 2 e-Grocer partners in Sg Buloh and Denai Alam and several more in discussions to operate as a self-pick-up location and retail shop for us.
- To develop and distribute our own house brands and to be ready for local and international exports by 2022.
Pasar Segar: The Fresh Market is launched!
Pasar Segar | The Fresh Market, an online fresh marketplace officially launches in Malaysia to enable busy families to have easy access to fresh food produce that is of high quality, safe and hygienically handled. The platform buys and prepares the freshest goods at affordable prices and delivers the order on the same day, ensuring high quality freshness so that consumers can eat healthier.
Read the full article here: Focus Malaysia: The Pasar Segar story
Getting fresh The Pasar Segar story
The humbling story of Scott Abdullah Misso, who went from helping his mom buy and prep ingredients from the wet market at 3am to setting up Pasar Segar The Fresh Market with his wife, Mastura Ahmad.
You can read the full article here: The Edge Enterprise Cover Story
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.