NEWLEAF ECO DEVELOPMENT
Malaysia Leading Durian Plantation Company That Delivers Values To Customers and Shareholders.
NEWLEAF is a Malaysian leading durian plantation company started by a group of professionals with extensive experience in agribusiness and plantation management. From plantation and processing to export and international trade, we have a complete agri-value chain in the durian industry. Newleaf has gained a lot of media attention over the years and it has been reported in international media such as CCTV China, Channel News Asia Singapore, The Edge Market Malaysia and many more. Our goal is to elevate the durian industry to a whole new level and create a complete agroecosystem, starting with our unprecedented share-farming programme.
Corporate Video: https://youtu.be/s93bkSw6UJ8
Official Website: www.newleaf.com.my
WeChat Official: newleafplantation
INSUFFICIENT SUPPLY OF DURIAN
- In the past several years, Malaysian durians have been highly concerned by international communities, from Hollywood celebrities, international superstars, to famous chefs and national leaders, many of them are durian fans, which made the popularity of Malaysian durians increased greatly.
- The Malaysian government has been paying great attention to the agricultural development. Different agricultural products brought brilliant achievements for Malaysia in each decade, such as rubber in the 1960s, palm oil in the 1980s, and durian at present.
- Malaysia's agricultural GDP is RM 99.07 billion. At present, it accounts for 7.54% of the total national GDP and becomes one of the national economic pillars.
- At present, palm oil plantation is the leading agricultural industry in Malaysia, with an area of 5.8 million hectares, while durian only occupies 76 thousand hectares. It can be seen that durian plantation is still an underdeveloped industry.
MALAYSIA DURIAN PLANTATION UNDER DEVELOPED
- Most durian plantations are small scale. Big scale commercial farming requires comprehensive management system.
- Unlike palm oil plantation, durian plantation requires intensive care and management.
NEWLEAF's STRENGTH & SOLUTION
- Newleaf’s intelligent agricultural management is different from the traditional agricultural practices. Newleaf monitors the entire durian farm all the time with advanced technologies to ensure that the durian harvest is not affected. At the same time, Newleaf can also know the latest state of durian trees synchronously by reading the data through intelligent system.
- Newleaf’s intelligent management system can effectively improve the efficiency of farm management and ensure that durian farms can achieve the best harvest. Its durian farms have been certified with the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) by the Department of Agriculture Malaysia.
- Newleaf is also a member of Malaysia's Foreign Trade Council. Its durian farm has been certified with the Good Agricultural Practices (myGAP) by the Department of Agriculture Malaysia. In 2019, it was praised as a good example of overseas Chinese company by China Central Television, which boosted its visibility in China successfully.
- Reported by CNN, an International media, Malaysian durian will become one of the major agricultural export products.
HIGH YEILDING CROP
- Maybank said that as the rising of global demand for durians, the Malaysian plantation industry will no longer be dominated by palm oil, and durian plantation will be the new favourite of agriculture.
- Reported by EDGE Financial Daily, that the yield per acre of durian plantation can be up to eight times of the palm oil. So, the benefits will be pretty considerable.
SURGE IN DURIAN FARM PRICE
- Data from Maybank shows that the in-farm price of Musang King has risen by 400 percent in 7 years, from RM 9 in 2012 to RM 40 in 2019. Current data shows that China’s demand for Musang King Durian is much larger than Malaysia’s supply capacity.
Durian Wholesalers, Manufacturers, Retailers, Exporters and Overseas Importers.
Newleaf is responsible to develop and to maintain the farm operation. Durian trees takes approximately 5-6 years to produce yield. A 6 to 10-year-old durian tree can produce up to 150 fruits annually. Newleaf expects the plantation to be self-sustainable by year 6th onward, with projection yield of 25% to 40% per annum. As the durian trees grow older, the yield will increase gradually.
- Durian ranks the first among China's top 5 imported fresh fruits. Seeing from the perspective of current consumer market, durian has huge development space.
- China's total durian import amount has risen a total of 10 times in eight years, from US$ 140 million in 2010 to US $1.4 billion in 2018. I believe that in the next a few years, as the supply of durians meets the demand gradually, durian will be the top one imported fruit in China.
- In May 2019, China was finally approved to import durians directly from Malaysia. This has made the demand for durians in China increased greatly and a 30% rising in price for durians in Malaysian markets.
- At present, Thailand is the largest exporting country of durians. In 2018, 430,000 metric tons of durians were exported from Thailand, which occupies 95% of the world's durian market. While Malaysia is the second largest exporting country.
- The main export object of Thailand durians is China. In 2018, China imported a total of US$ 1.1 billion worth of durians and became the largest durian importing country in the world. In addition, Hong Kong, Singapore, France, Canada, and Australia are also major durian importing countries.
- One percent of 1.4 billion Chinese population have eaten durians, 95% of which are from Thailand. China is still an underdeveloped baby market for durians. With the rising of life quality demands in China, The Musang King Durian has become a kind of premium fruit and widely loved by the Chinese. Now, Musang King Durian can be bought easily in first-tier cities and online stores in China.
Newleaf's first round fund raising through pitchIN targets at RM3,000,000 (3 Million Ringgit Malaysia) for the development and maintenance of 15 acres durian plantation. Newleaf will venture into durian manufacturing, export and trading, bringing additional revenue to the business in future rounds of fund raising. In exchange, investors will hold redeemable preference share of NEDSB with 70% net profit sharing from the durian plantation, export and trading activities for 20 years tenure.
1. REDEMPTION ON MATURITY DATE
The RPS may be redeemed on the expiry of the Term. The Company shall pay to the Subscriber the redemption money in respect of such RPS in cash. The redemption price for each RPS shall be the Issue Price.
2. EARLY REDEMPTION BY THE ISSUER UPON INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING (“IPO”)
The RPS may be redeemed at the option of the Issuer before the expiry of the Term, in the event that the Issuer obtains relevant approvals from the governing authorities to list on a stock exchange whether on its own or via a listing vehicle. The Issuer hereby undertakes and covenants with the Subscriber that the Issuer shall allocate ten per centum (10%) of all IPO Shares in the Listing Company to be used to redeem all RPS offered by the Issuer to all Subscribers under the Term Sheet.
In order to expand and develop the visionary 1,000 acres of Musang King durian plantation in the next 3 to 5 years, Newleaf Plantation Berhad (1251569-U) incorporated a fully owned Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) Newleaf Eco Development Sdn Bhd (1302701-U). NEDSB is responsible to develop the 1st phase of Musang King durian plantation in Pahang.
We appreciate the high attention and honest reporting from various press and media which made Newleaf famous all over the world. Scan the QR code or browse the official website of the Newleaf to learn more.
Please login as an investor to see more information.
2019.11.18 StarSMEBiz - Newleaf in the durian boom
中国中央电视台 China CCTV - 《华人楷模》·新叶集团
2019.03.27 Oriental Daily 东方日报 - 【大马优品】新叶优化种植 生产高品质榴梿
2018.02.20 The Edge Malaysia - Newleaf Plantation Berhad is tapping into China's RM4.8 billion durian market
2019.03.25 the SUN - Bigger farm to meet China demand
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.