digitalizing families and communities
- Established in 2018, Maslaha Tech Sdn Bhd (MTECH) brings meaningful solutions directly to the community.
- Continuing from the success of our parent company BIT Group Sdn Bhd in Syariah solutions space, MTECH further enhance and value-add proven enterprise solutions and packaged them with latest technologies to benefit the people directly.
- Having a completed legacy or an afterlife plan and communicated them successfully to our families can never be more important especially in times of Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Unfortunately, according to a survey by the government, less than 10% of Malaysian population has a legacy plan, whether it is in a form of a will, atrust or a wassiyah. As a result, the value of Frozen Assets has been increasing year after year.
- Our mission is to help the people NOT to become an addition to the statistics. In fact, we intend to help the people to create and share the very best legacy plan possible.
- Our nasab360 brings new experience to users as it approaches the problems from understanding of one’s family tree to automating complex processes of estate distribution to planning and executing one’s will using trusted technology.
- nasab360 Artificial Intelligence (AI) platform not only guides the users going thru the creation process, it also prescribes the best protection.
- digitalMASJID, a mini ERP for Masjid Management and Lifestyle App for the community is the best educational tool and the best channel for onboarding.
According to the Dept of Lands & Mines, Frozen Assets in Malaysia has reached RM70Billion this year. More than for Bantuan Prihatin & Penjana combined in Budget 2021. That number is probably just a tip of the iceberg because not included in the statistics, are the financial exposures to those people who are stucked with the problem.
There are three mains reasons for this to happen.
- NOT Understanding the Process. People are just confused when it comes to estate administration and distribution especially with many agencies involved and countless conditions to follow.
- Beneficiaries DON’T CARE. Many try to avoid conflicts within families or fear of heavy costs to pay and choose not to even bother.
- Weak Knowledge of FARAID. Most Muslims misunderstood into thinking that FARAID will take care of everything that they do not have to pay attention to understanding them.
In the end, whatever the reasons maybe, majority do not have a proper plan, and even if they have one, they are either incomplete or outdated.
Plenty of tools are available today but many are quite complex and for Muslims the question is whether the Faraid Calculation can be trusted.
The public has very limited choices;
- Pay a high cost and use available software platform to create their will or wasiyah without guidance. There will be pages to be populated and the lengthy processes are prone to error.
- Pay a high cost to engage a service of a financial planner or a lawyer from either a company or individuals. Then again, there might be other hidden costs.
The stakes are very high, and as cases of unresolved inheritances, family quarrels, uncertainty of guardian to young children and escalating frozen assets just seems to worsen year over year.
Our mission is to help the people NOT to become an addition to the statistics. In fact, we intend to help the people create and share the very best legacy plan possible no matter how big or small their estates are.
Introducing nasab360, a Syariah-Compliant Genealogy to Legacy smartAPP.
Here’s how nasab360 works.
Once you are in, nasab360 will engage you in a conversation. The AI algorithm will engage you to assess your situation. Whether you are in ready mode, planning mode, learning mode or if you are already in the “$70B group”, I have talked about earlier and needed help.
There are four stages provided by nasab360;
STAGE 1 : Charting Family Tree & Engaging Families
- nasabTREE guides you to chart up to 25 type of relationships. All based on Syariah guidelines.
- Once you have family tree in place, the next step is to start bringing the family closer. nasabEVENTS makes it easy to organize gatherings , meetings, or kenduris whether in persons or online. This is probably the most important step because you depend on your family to take over totally when you are no longer around – for example, appointing the best guardian for your young children or a trusted executor to fulfil your WILL or WASIYAH.
STAGE 2 :Simulate FARAID.
- At this stage, customers can simulate their own FARAID or anyone in their families. FARAIDsimulator will generate the rightful Beneficiaries list and their entitlements. Customers will require this information to go to the next stage.
STAGE 3 : Craft your Wasiyah and Choose Best Protection and execute
- Customers are now ready to put their plan in order. This is where wealth distributions, your under-aged children welfare, your wishes and your pledges to charities and not forgetting your debts and liabilities is established.
- We have a special feature called AI Precision Protection matching algorithm. This is where SmartWASIYAH will assess all your data and prescribes best protection possible for you and your loved ones.
STAGE 4: Learn from nasab360 community
- At this stage customers and share their experience and learn from others in the community. This provides comfort as well as a credible support system to address any challenges that comes
ULTIMATELY, Your plan will be encoded into SmartContracts & via BLOCKCHAIN, they will be executed openly, secured with audit trails, ensuring end-to-end trusted transactions.
Our first signature product is nasab360 which is a Genealogy to Legacy Planning and Execution Tool.
nasab360 comes with three (3) modules. Each modules performs key functions to achieving the best legacy plan.
- Genealogy-based software with Syariah-complaint algorithms.
- Get to know Twenty-five (25) types of relationships within your family tree.
- Knowledge of relationships and understanding their individuals’ rights as defined by the Syariah further strengthen the unity.
- Celebrating family relationships is key to allow a chance of successful communications of the legacy plan.
- It is for this reason, nasabEVENTS, a Facebook-like social media app will play its role in ensuring continuous communications to foster friendships among family members. Planning for a gathering or get-together whether it is for formal events like wedding, childbirth or funeral or graduation to simple birthdays or party is both fun and informational.
- An AI matching algorithm will assess the data and prescribes best protection possible for your loved ones.
- Ties all plans, wishes of the planner, guidelines, and rules by authorities and programmed into a Smart Contract.
- Once confirmation is in place, the Smart Contract will execute automatically, openly and transparent with audit trail.
- nasabTREE uses the same proven algorithms used today by all Syariah courts in Malaysia. The program organizes your family tree based on Syariah Guidelines and chart them out in a tree.
- nasabTREE will be the first commercial-grade Syariah-compliant Genealogy Software in Asia if not the world.
- nasabTREE also handles our unique requirements of having BIN and BINTI of someone, which is not found in other western-based genealogy software.
- This module is developed based on the proven and tested FARAID Calculation Engines, the same used by Syariah Courts all over Malaysia and that handles almost 100,000 cases every year and so there is no dispute on the results.
- The engine is robust and was developed to scale and able to support calculations involving unlimited levels of multiple deaths in families.
- Meaning, even if you are stucked with generations of unsolved inheritance, the engine can still help you
Complementing nasab360, is digitalMASJID.
A combo App with Web Applications and a Mobile piece. All interactions are design to meet the SOP established by authorities and therefore Contactless and Cashless technologies are widely used in the app.
At one end, digitalMASJID is a miniERP system for the management of Masjid or Surau. digitalMASJID helps masjid and suraus to manage their financials; funds and resources; community programs and their members.
On the other hand, digitalMASJID mobile piece is a Muslims Lifestyle App. It provides its users tools to view and search programs, participating in voluntary work, involve in donation campaigns. And there’s even a Syariah Lifestyle Marketplace where members can participate as seller and as a buyer.
digitalMASJID is an ideal onboarding tools to educate the communities the importance of Genealogy and Legacy planning.
While some providers may be able to offer their solutions on the cloud. The main questions remain on how reliable and dependable will the support be. This is where we excel. With the support of our parent company BT GROUP Sdn Bhd nationwide reources and the advanced Operations Center in Cyberjaya, we will be able to deliver the required and trusted support all year round.
We are not new in this. In fact, we have been serving our customers since 2014. This is when our Parent Company BIT Group won an open tender to study, analyze and build a Syariah court-based Inheritance and Estate management Systems known as eFARAID.
It took us almost two years to study and really understand the requirements before building the software.
And, When the eFARAID was launch in 2016, PM’s Department recognizes that the Systems developed we were the first of its kind in the world.
In 2017, we enhance the JKSM version for export and we called it digitalFARAID.
With digitalFARAID, We made our first international effort to Brunei where we presented to Syariah Court of Brunei. VIP includes The Syariah Chief Judge and Syariah Court of Appeal Chief Judge.
In 2018 MaslahaTech was formed with the mission to re-engineer, re-invent eFARAID with newer technologies and packaged them with added values to benefit the public directly.
We have increase our momentum since and today we are proud to say that we have started engaging early-adopters with field trials.
For B2B-candidate, we are working with Amanah Warisan and B2C-candidates, we are starting with the masjid Bandar Tun Hussein Onn communities, and the plan expand to other masjid or surau communities as well.
We are very excited with our latest achievement where we have been selected to be part of the startups to collaborate with the takaful/insurance industry champion thru a program called ETIQA WTF Accelerator Program hosted by Maybank ETIQA.
This program provides mentoring and guidance to accelerate our entrance into the market. We are positioning our app to provide winning INSURTECH solutions. Our focus is towards, customer profiling and onboarding, customer experience and underwriting.
Our main client is the Department of Syariah Judiciary Malaysia with fourteen (14) Syariah courts throughout Malaysia.
In total, the Syariah courts handles on average of 100,000 cases per year powered by our eFARAID engine - the same engine we enhance to build nasab360.
When ready; we are confident that we will be able to deploy our solutions to our targeted B2B and B2C Clients.
With strong and strategic relationships with our B2B partners and B2C Channels, we will be profitable. In addition, income will steadily grow in line with our happy customers continuing to subscribe from us year after year.
Our revenue model is based on two modes.
- Subscription mode. This is to complement our customers’ lifestyle as the plans they created with nasab360 are a living document. They will need to update to keep their plans relevant based on the growth of their live. From being a Bachelor, got married, having one children and then more and so on. The plans needs to cater for those changes
- Marketplace mode: we have also provided a marketplace to allow customers to purchase relevant products and services (like takaful premiums) at an attractive price.
We offer wholesale discounts to B2B partners and for B2C customers,
We will offer a Freemium model. For basic Family-Tree Charting, or basic FARAID simulations, the services will be FOC.
Customers are provided with an option to download the completed family-tree chart or the FARAID simulation report and pay for each downloads.
Once a Legacy plan is required, customers should subscribe and pay for the services.
Beginning with Malaysia.
- Latest projections from Dept of Statistics indicates that there are 19M Muslims Malaysia. 9M of which is the Muslim Workers, the ideal customers we are targeting.
- Whether they are married or single, these target customers may and may not have any legacy plans or sufficient takaful/insurance protections.
- Our plan is to reach them in two ways:
- Firstly, a direct approach. This is where we reach the market through our digital platforms including our Muslim Lifestyle App. With more than 6k Masjid and 18K Suraus to leverage, we are confident that we have enough channels to reach the right customers.
- Secondly, an indirect approach. We will collaborate with our Strategic Partners to position nasab360 as their solutions to their customers through their network. Tabung Haji for example has in excess of 9 Million depositors we can target. ETIQA, there will access to more than 1M of their customers. ARB with 500,000 customers and many more. We will definitely expand this channel strategy to include the rest in the Islamic Affairs industry.
- How large is the market? BNM statistics shows that Islamic Assets is estimated to be USD66 Billion (That is RM300Billion) in 2020. We all know that this humongous asset will go to the rightful beneficiaries when one passes. When that happens, there will be services required to affect the transfer, which currently the industry charges from 2 – 6% of the asset value. This is a valid indicator for the tremendous potentials for solutions like nasab360 to serve the needs.
The Total Addressable Market (TAM) looks very promising ensuring scability and growth of our business.
Once a champion in Malaysia, next it is only logical to move to Asia.
- Here, it is reported that Fintech market in asia pacific touches RM300B.
- Just in Indonesia alone Carving out just the Personal Finance piece of Fintech Market is RM2.7Billion
- 2 million masjids is a huge market for digitalMASJID.
The world be our ultimate target.
- In US, the genealogy software & services market is already RM12.5B.
- And then of course the world 1.8B Muslims. 4 million Masjids - Massive, massive opportunity.
We believe that the syariah-compliant market is huge enough for multiple players to thrive due to high growth of Muslims Populations Malaysia and Worldwide.
We are confident that we have a proven business model equipped with excellent technology adoption and a strong and well-experienced team to serve the market.
Being a lucrative and growing market, obviously We are not alone. In fact, we have both international and local competitors.
There exists two types of competition, one which is Syariah-compliant and the other, the conventional type.
There are also a handful of start-ups looking into this space as well.
nasab360 strategy excel in the following areas
- it provides Unique user experience from understanding FamilyTree to Legacy planning based on users readiness.
- With Special feature called AI Precision Protection, nasab360 prescribes the best protection (takaful/life) based on individual unique situations.
- Our FARAID engine and algorithm is PROVEN & ENDORSED by the government and are in used in all Syariah courts all over Malaysia. So there is no dispute. Our solution is also robust and scalable to SUPPORT UNLIMITED LEVELS of deaths. Which is especially important for cases involving multiple generations. This is probably the most difficult “Barriers for Entry” and where Most solutions provider struggles with.
For digitalMASJID, the market appears to be dominated by many state players. This is mainly due to the locality that they are capable to offer their services
WIth strong nationwide support, digitalMASJID strategy is to offer trusted and dependable support to all masjids and suraus all year around. This is in favor to us as many Masjids and Suraus lacks IT resources.
Below is high-level visual summary that maps out the vision and direction of our product offering over time from targeting local market as well regional.
This roadmap is a guiding strategic document as well as a plan for executing our product strategy.
The product roadmap has several ultimate goals:
- Describe the vision and strategy
- Provide a guiding document for executing the strategy
- Get internal stakeholders in alignment
- Facilitate discussion of options and scenario planning
- Help communicate with external stakeholders, including customers
Our objectives is to attract partners and investors to join us in our journey to put Malaysia on the world-map with leadership in Syariah-Compliant Genealogy and Legacy Planning Space.
The investments we received comes with it a huge responsibility. We are committed to ensure all monies are spent wisely to support and grow the business.
- Majority of the funds of 45% will be for Technology development and Enhancements, namely for nasab360 and digitalMASJID.
- 35% on digital marketing, we plan to start our campaign “One Family, One nasabTREE.”
- The balance 20% will be for funding operations activities.
FOR MALAYSIA :
- Set-up, Operate and Manage a One-Stop Centre for all Malaysians to plan, communicate and execute their legacy plans.
REGIONAL & GLOBAL :
- Set-up , operate and manage International Xchg to settle inter country inheritance cases.
- Set-up, operate and manage international networks of Masjids and Suraus.
- Forming Strategic Alliance @ Global Partners
- Leading Driver for World Muslim Forum on Syariah-Compliant and Muslims Community Solutions Provider.
Current single largest investor is BIT GROUP SDN BHD
Mohamed Hasbi Yaacob , Co-Founder and Chairman
Norazam Ahmad, CEO and Co-Founder :
A. Norazam Ahmad, CEO and Co-Founder :
- 25 years of corporate experience in ICT Sales & Marketing ;
- BSc in Computer Engineering, Arizona State University, USA
- Pre-Electrical University of Nebraska ay Omaha (UNO), USA
B. Dr Mohd Salihan, Visualization Scientist :
- Informatician, College of Medicine, King Saud University (2017 – 2019) ;
- Data Officer, National Health & Services, UK (2005 – 2010) ;
- PhD Visual Informatics, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
C. Mohd Aziz Mohd Napiah, Operations and Support :
- 10 Years experience in ICT Support and Operations ; BSc CS , Universiti Teknologi MARA (UITM)
We are blessed by the support of industry captains as our official advisers.
A. Helme Yusof , Lead Architect & Designer ;
- Original Developer, eFARAID Jabatan Kehakiman Syariah Malaysia (JKSM)
B. YANG ARIF TUAN AHMAD BIN LAKIM (ABL)
- HAKIM MAHKAMAH TINGGI SYARIAH NEGERI MELAKA ,2018-2019 ;
- Pengarah / Ketua Pendakwa Syarie, Jabatan Pendakwaan Syariah Wilayah Persekutuan, (2016 – 2018)
C. PROFESSOR DR. MUSHADDAD BIN HASBULLAH
- Chairman of Syariah Committee, Sumitomo Mitsui Bank Corp. Malaysia ;
- Member of Syariah Malaysia, Swiss Re-Takaful Malaysia Berhad ;
- Director, Waqf and Zakat Center, University Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
D. PROFESSOR DR ABDUL WAHAB ZAKARIA
- Senior Professor for Arabic Language, International Islamic University of Malaysia.
BIT Group Sdn Bhd is a leader and a pioneer in Syariah Compliant Solutions. Our story has appeared in local news media and received many accolades.
A. Selesai kes harta pusaka dalam tempoh kurang 7 hari
Berita Harian Online (https://www.bharian.com.my/node/195125)
MENTERI di Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom bersama Timbalannya, Datuk Asyraf Wajdi Dasuki (kiri) beramah mesra bersama peserta seminar selepas melancarkan perasmian Seminar Kebangsaan Transformasi Pengurusan Harta Pusaka di Dewan Tuanku Canselor Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM),Nilai. -Foto Hazreen Mohamad
B. Sistem e-Faraid terbaik di dunia
Harian Metro 23 Sep 2016 (https://www.pressreader.com/malaysia/harian-metro/20160923/282054801510430)
C. E-Faraid to help court settle cases in 1 hour
New Straits Times (https://www.pressreader.com/malaysia/new-straits-times/20160923/281908772622361)
D. Sistem eFARAID ringkaskan urusan kes – Utusan Online
Please login as an investor to see more information.
Maslaha Tech sdn bhd doesn't have any updates to show yet.
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.