You drink, We drive.
Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited in Malaysia. It may lead the offenders sent to jail for two yeas, fined RM10,000 to RM30,000 and also have their licence revoked for two years. We believe that Sober can be one of the efficient way to reduce the DUI accidents and fatalities without the need of stop issue new licences to sell liquor or beer in Malaysia.
- Ketch Solution Sdn Bhd was founded in 2019 by Paul Tan Kong Yew, well-experienced and enthusiasitc in the field of supply chain and logistic, techology and marketing to design and develop Ketch Solution.
- Ketch Solution offers quality and reliability services from branding, graphic design, software development to even logistics management.
- Sober is one of the project proudly presented by Ketch Solution Sdn Bhd.
- Sober is the FIRST driver booking app in Malaysia.
- Sober provides car pickup service by our designated driver to send the customers home safely.
Drunk-driving incidents have long been plaguing the Malaysian population, with a multitude of fatal accidents being brought into the spotlight in recent months, resulting in a population more polarized than ever on drinking issues. Malaysia has long maintained a degree of leeway for alcoholic establishments and consumption, with rising sentiment pertaining to stricter enforcements of alcoholic consumption.
However, drunk-driving issues lie within the individuals after consuming alcohol, where the mind of an intoxicated person might remain oblivious to the ramifications of their actions. Several countries have employed a designated-driver or careperson system to account for the erratic behavior of an intoxicated person to curb the issue of misconduct and driving-under-influence incidents. Malaysia possesses the potential to execute the concept, where the rising sentiment of the population divided by drunk-driving incidents demand an efficient and mutually-beneficial solution.
The Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research has advocated for more designated driver facilities and programmes as a requirement for alcoholic establishments, where such measures have proven to reduce drunk-driving incidents in countries such as Japan and Australia, according to Yahoo News.
- In Malaysia, under the existing law, drunk driving is only subject to Section 45A (1) of the Road Transport Act 1987 which provides for a fine of not less than RM1,000 and not more than RM6,000 or imprisonment not less than 12 months.
- For drunk driving offences that lead to death, offenders are punishable under Section 44 of the Road Transport Act 1987, which carries a maximum fine of RM10,000 and a maximum jail term of 12 months.
Sober is a driver booking app where you can book a designated driver .
Drinking and driving while either impaired or drunk is extremely dangerous. In order to decrease the rate in the road accidents in Malaysia involving drivers under the influence of alcohol, SOBER provides the car pickup services which involved one designated driver and also one chase vehicle to pick you and your car home. The reservation for the designated driver can be made through the application to confirm about the customer’s location, time and other information. Once the customer has requested a pickup service through application, our team will dispatch a team of drivers who are nearest to the exact location to perform car pickup service. One to drive you home in your vehicle while the other to pick up your driver when finished (chase vehicle). Once the trip is finished, the chase vehicle has to pick up the designated driver and send them to the next location.
Sober doesn't have any updates to show yet.
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.