- ETA Training and Development Sdn Bhd is training provider which is now developing its own cloud learning platform under the name KOSUMY.
- Our goal is to help individuals and organization alike to reach their full potential through online learning courses which can be easily accessible.
We’ve secured several letters of intent to date from our clients in adopting our platform as a means to provide online training for employee’s and knowledge learning.
Lack of knowledge and skillset is becoming quite adamant in today’s demanding environment. Individuals now must take initiative in learning things outside of their scope if they are to climb the corporate ladder or even be successful.
None of them have the time and resources to partake in knowledge-based courses which are not only costly but time consuming as well. Many are looking into online platforms and websites to learn new skills which they can’t afford to do at their own pace.
Many skilled trainers have no means of monetizing their knowledge other than the traditional method of conducting on site seminar and classes. This makes it almost impossible for them to provide training courses at an affordable rate as their cost are already inflated by venue and marketing fees.
Cloud Learning Platform for everyone
Kosumy is a leading cloud learning platform designed for enterprises and individuals who are seeking to expand their knowledge. Courses that are available on the platform varies in variety and age group demographic, as we’re also incorporating courses that are aimed at kids as well to begin their online learning discovery.
Complete at your own pace
Kosumy users can complete their training courses at their own pace where they are also able to monitor their progress easily. They can always refer to their course materials easily through the course page and constantly revisit the courses that they have bought. There is no time limit associated with courses that are purchased as we believe in making knowledge accessible.
Turning knowledge into tangible product
Trainers and Individuals with years of experience and knowledge are finally able to monetize on their knowledge through Kosumy by selling their courses online. Trainers can also easily create and upload course content and materials via the trainer dashboard. They are also able to monitor and track their sales performance easily.
Kosumy Cloud Learning Platform
We’re making online learning affordable and accessible for everyone! Browse, Search and purchase online courses easily via Kosumy.com. Courses available are not just limited to adults but to everyone as knowledge knows no bound.
Extensive library of courses
Users will have an extensive library of online courses to choose from during launch as we have courses available in marketing, branding, finance, and so much more.
Individuals who wants to sell their training module and courses online can register with us and upload their courses online through the trainer course module dashboard.
We’ve conducted several training both offline and also online for our clients which has generated us some traction from our existing clients from the corporate sector. As such we are taking this oppurtunity to later also introduce Kosumy to them for their employees where they can participate in online courses to increase their skill set and knowledge in finance and business courses. We've also taken this oppurtunity to secured several letters of intent on providing their employees with early access on our platform.
Within the next 6 – 12 months after launch we expect the numbers to grow exponentially as many are looking at online learning as a new normal and we’ve realized that during the period of post covid-19. As our platform is targetted for the masses we forsee many parents and individuals will be turning to online learning to further educate and increase their knowledge potential with new skills.
At the moment our current customers are mostly corporate clients where we provide finance and corporate training for their management team and employess. Many of our current corporate client are looking forward for the launch of the platform as they’re interested to increase their employee’s competency, productivity and quality via online learning as it is a cost friendly and easy to manage. They believe that it is also critical for their employees as it is an important human capital development for their organization to remain competitive and sustainable in the market both locally and globally post COVID-19.
Of course, this is just part of our targeted market of customers as Kosumy is a learning platform that not only offers corporate types of courses as we intend to gather as many type of courses available; from design, coding, language and so much more. We strongly believe that the everyone has a thirst for knowledge and their just looking for more things to learn.
Our business model focuses on 4 pillars which are: -
Have you ever taken an online course? They’re insanely popular – and can be a lot of fun. Check out these online learning statistics.
- The worldwide e-learning market is projected to be worth $325 Billion in 2025.
- In 2017, approximately 77% of US corporations used online learning, but 98% planned to incorporate it in their program by 2020.
- The US e-learning market could grow by $12.81 billion between 2020 and 2024.
- E-learning increases retention rates by 25% to 60%.
- The corporate e-learning market could increase by $38.09 billion between 2020 and 2024.
- E-learning has led to an increase in income for 42% of US organizations.
- A survey of 2,500 companies found that those with “comprehensive training programs” have 218% higher revenue per employee and 24% higher profit margins.
- IBM saved approximately $200 million after switching to e-learning.
- The massive open online course (MOOC) market could be worth $25.33 billion by 2025.
- A study by the Open University found that producing and providing e-learning courses consumes 90% less energy and produces 85% fewer CO2 emissions per person than face-to-face training.
Locally there is no stiff competition coming in as our main competitor will be the likes of Udemy where presence is highly visible outside of SEA. We believe this provides us a good start to expand and grow and to be known as the lead cloud learning platform within SEA.
Kosumy is currently looking for an equity investment of up to MYR 1,200,000 for us to scale the business further. The funds raised will be used to further improve our technology and to market our platform. As marketing our platform to many users as possible is the most important aspect of the business
Our marketing goal is to be the top of mind cloud learning platform which users will choose from when taking up online courses. We believe that our business is not limited regionally in Malaysia but is capable to scale and expand beyond our borders as we look at digital adoption of online learning as the future of learning.
Funding that is raised will be utilized for:-
1. System Development and Improvement (MYR 100,000 - MYR 150,000)
The fund will be utilized for the initial setup and improvement of our learning platform.
2. Working Capital (MYR 100,000)
The working capital will be used as our running cost to hire additional manpower to assist in marketing, sales and administrative duties.
3. Content Development and Acquisition (MYR 100,000 - MYR 300,000)
The funds will be used to acquire trainers and courses for us to list on the platform. This is so that we will have a more extensive library of courses available for our customers.
4. Marketing (MYR 200,000 - MYR 650,000)
Funds for marketing will primarily be used to conduct our marketing efforts through online and offline channels such as running adverts on radio, TV, and various other online and offline platforms.
Our vision is to be the leading cloud learning platform in South East Asia. We want to empower individuals and help them to reach their full potential through online learning. Our goal is to produce talented individuals to fulfill the needs of the world.
The initial capital for the business was initialy contributed by the founders which who are Eng, Sam and John. They've been bootstrapping most of the development and running of the business ever since. This Equity Crowd Funding round is ETA Training’s first fundraising exercise to try and raise funds in order to scale and grow the business further; as we highly believe in the potential of cloud learning and what it has to offer.
Eng Guo Miao CA (M), FCCA
Eng is a Chartered Accountant of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants and a Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.Eng is currently a practising accountant and has vast experience in audit and assurance was formerly with one of the international public accounting firms in Malaysia and Singapore. Eng has been involved in numerous seminars, conferences and workshop organized by professional accounting bodies and trade associations and also conducted a number of in-house corporate training for SMEs, Multinational Companies (MNCs) and listed companies.
John Woon Tai Chun
John is a programmer who has been in the tech development scene for more than 5 years. Throughout his time as a developer he has developed many system and techonology solutions for different industries and businesses.
Sam Kuan Ying Tung CA (M), CPA
Finance and Corporate Strategy
Sam is a Chartered Accountant of Malaysian Institute of Accountants and Australia Certified of Practising Accountants (CPA Australia). Sam is currently a practising accountant and brings with him a wealth of experience in the audit practice, accounting and financial management since 2005 in international public accounting firms.
Dr Poa Chun Seong
Training and Development
Dr Poa is a lifelong learner and HRDF Certified Train The Trainer. His study areas focus in marketing, financial & strategic management, leadership and entrepreneurship. Dr Poa has established few businesses in different industries such as education, skills development, training, travels & F&B businesses in Malaysia & overseas. Dr Poa has 20 years of professional experiences and business ventures in new business set up and financing; management consultancy; operation & marketing; buying & selling businesses; accounting & finance and various government licenses.
- No shares will be allotted or issued based on this document after six months from the closing of the offer period.
- This issue, offer or invitation for the offering is a proposal not requiring authorisation of the Securities Commission under section 212(8) of the CMSA 2007.
- This document has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia. The Securities Commission does not recommend nor assumes responsibility for any information including any statement, opinion or report disclosed in relation to this fund raising exercise and makes no representation as to its accuracy or completeness. The Securities Commission expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from or in reliance upon the whole or any part of the information disclosed.
Please login as an investor to see more information.
KOSUMY doesn't have any updates to show yet.
Please login or sign up to see the discussions.